Thursday, April 3, 2008

Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?

I've been reminiscing about my travels around the world and wanted to post some of my favorite pictures.



It was so hot in Africa. I can't remember a time when I wasn't sweating. But it was always a good time.




The boys needed new shoes so I bought them all new shoes and this was their arrival at the orphanage and the boys approving of my decision.

All the beautiful babies.

Adeliene, Paul and Vero decided to join me in a picture. Paul was my little man and we spent a lot of time together. Paul has a new home now and has been adopted by a loving family in France and I couldn't be happier.
This is baby Isaiah, we took him in to take care of him and sadly about two weeks after I returned back to the states little Isaiah passed away.

On my way home from Burkina I made a stop in Paris, this is me with the Eiffel Tower, duh.

Le Arc du Triomphe
Back in Burkina: This moto had probably one hundred chickens tied to it.

My beautiful henna. One of the very things that made Josh notice me. ;)

Henna is always a good conversation starter.

My humble abode in Yako, Burkina Faso.
My lovely bathroom. A concrete hole in the ground. :D


Now I'm in Guatemala!


The picture on the left is me walking on the worlds smallest main street in Placencia, Belize. It's actually in the Guiness Book of world records as being the world's smallest main street. On the right I'm enjoying a strawberry daquiri.
On the beach in Belize.

The adorable little Alvaro.

Our team from Texas and all the ladies that work at the Hostel.
Me with Alvaro and Chiqui. That background is one of the most beautiful sights you will ever see.

No comments: