Thursday, February 21, 2008

I kind of cheated.

I was writing yesterday about Project Runway season 4 and somehow I stumbled upon the Bryant Park Fashion week shows for all of the finalists from the season. The thing that was confusing though was that both Rami and Chris had their collection go down the runway. So did Sweet P though. I take back what I said though, I don't want Chris to win, I want Jillian to win. After reviewing the video and hearing the commentary I agree that Jillian was the best by far. Rami didn't really surprise me at all, I mean his work was good, but it was what I expected out of Rami. Christian had too many poofy sleeve outfits. The execution was great but so much reminded me of his avant garde challenge from the season. Chris' collection was a bit more costumey and high fashion, which isn't bad, but it wasn't really wearable. Jillian had high fashion, functional pieces and well tailored and executed outfits. There was cohesion in her collection and that's what stood out to me the most.


In other news, I know what I'm doing for my 22nd birthday! Feist will be at the pageant!!! Woo hoo. She's coming just for my birthday. Thanks girl!


No comments: